Now, what to do with all the eggs you just blew. Here are my tips for scrambled eggs. I have tried using cream, milk, and water. I have cooked them in bacon fat, butter, and oil. I have tried slow cooking with a whisk, medium heat with a spatula, and hot with a fork.
My mom used to make us eggs this way and I thought she was just being lazy. I watched many cooking shows as a teen and learned to make fancy eggs with lots of fat. After a lot of experimentation, I discovered mom's eggs taste better.
Turns out a little water, salt and pepper, a hot pan, and a fork are all you need to make the best scrambled eggs. The water must make a little vapor between the pan and the eggs, because the real pleasure of making eggs this way is they don't stick to the pan-even without Teflon. (green tip of the day: don't use Teflon. God knows what it is, but it can't be good for you. Season your pans and use the right temperature for the task with the right amount of fat.)
I put a little olive oil in the hot pan and dump in the whisked eggs. Don't stop moving the eggs around the pan or they will burn. This whole process should only take about one minute. Clean pan, happy kid, happy mama.







No comments:
Post a Comment