Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Preview


cowboy Jamie Small-preschool trick or treating

The holidays are amping up-oh god! how can that be. Around here it is all pumpkins and harvesting. Tonight I was so excited when I realized that the whole meal-save the meat came out of my little patch of earth ten feet from the front door. We ate broccolli I planted in August, potatoes and turnips from the spring, and apple sauce I canned last fall.

auf wiedersehen

At preschool Jamie has been learning pumpkin songs and playing with pumpkin guts. We are reading all the Halloween books Mom read to me as a kid, and every time we visit Goodwill Jamie points at the decorations and says "there are the scary things".


I don't know what is happening here-toddlers!

Speaking of Goodwill, (something I'm always doing) we have a few costumes to choose from around here. Luckily we have a few Halloween events to choose from so we can try out multiple outfits. Our first party is already behind us. Jamie was the cutest little Bavarian boy in his leighderhosen that Ella's (below in her little red riding hood) auntie Caroline found for Jamie at the Bins. Thanks Care!


3 comments:

mathilda Dunn said...

Hooray! New blog posts with adorable pictures (love the cowboy costume!). It was fun to see you guys this weekend.
Mathilda

Caroline said...

Sweet! I'm glad to see that they fit. Best 73 cents I ever spent. Ella and Jamie could be Hansel and Gretel in those get-ups!

Rydman Rumors said...

Thank you for posting the Halloween pictures. If a phone call is all it takes to get you to post, you can expect to hear from me next Wednesday too! :)