Friday, January 22, 2010

Chritmas Present

This is what Boggy got for Christmas from us. I made a large print and had it framed. This is possibly my favorite picture, out of the many thousands of photos, that I have taken of Jamie. It was taken last summer at Shi Shi beach. My family has been going to Shi Shi since my brother was this age. We all feel closer to my dad when we are there. He used to spend hours of every trip setting up the perfect sunset shot of these sea stacks.




This picture, to me, is like seeing my dad watching over Jamie, watching him play and grow and discover the world that he loved.

The original I took on 1600 ISO after sunset with a 1.4F. In an ideal wold it would not be such a grainy shot, but it was DARK and there was no flash, so that is asking a lot. The original was VERY blue. I messed around a ton in Photoshop, and after trying a million options, I settled on this one. It had the feel I was looking for.

3 comments:

anna p. said...

Oh my gosh, Anna. That shot is amazing. Love it.

Erin said...

all teary...incredible! thanks for sharing :)

the sander family said...

I kind of wish you had given that to ME for Christmas! Its beautiful. I'm sure Boggie loved it.