Okay-its over, he may still be breastfeeding (disregard this information if it disturbs you) and wearing diapers, but my baby is all grown up. Maybe not ALL grown up, but GROWING up, and FAST.
I have been avoiding this inevitable change in him by ignoring all the mommy chaos that is choosing a preschool. I thought I would just avoid it until I would hopefully have moved to the Island and just put him in a nice little Island school. This has not happened and Jamie is in serious need of structure and peer interaction. So an unexpected opportunity presented itself last week, that opened my eyes to this need. I decided it was a chance to get into a school in a perfect situation.
We are now enrolled at Madison Park Co-Op. Today was the first day of school, and after saying all weekend he did not want to go to preschool, I could not get him to leave. He looooooooooved it. The school is next to one of Jamie's favorite playground and is situated on the beach by the lake.
Jamie grew out of two sizes of shoes this summer and now carries on full conversations with us. It has been a lot of change, but I am starting to see the benefits having one morning a week to myself.
Sitting down for our little lunch, I pulled out the ubiquitous ants on a log. I ate this lunch for thirteen years of my life, and I felt a little sinking feeling about starting school all over again with Jamie. I just hope he will continue to enjoy school as much in the future as he did today, his first day of school.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
He's so adorable, Anna. I'm sad I'm missing all of his growing up. I had forgotten the many ants on a log you brought to school! Love reading your posts.
hooray! I'm so happy to read this post, I've been so curious! I'm sure he'll continue to love it! :)
Post a Comment