Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Found My Thrill....

... on Blueberry Hill.




They say that things get better with age.


Last year
This is true of blueberries bushes and it is true of babies. I was pretty smitten with my kid last year, but I think that he is, without a doubt, much finer this year. My last post I bemoaned the fact that Jamie has finally started "posing" for the camera. The upshot of this, it turns out, is he IS posing for the camera.



I can't tell you how many beautiful photographs I have taken of the back of this child's head.


They rebel from such an early age.


But all of a sudden Jamie has figured out that he gets a lot of strokes if he smiles and participates in the photo shoot. Poor child, he is so starved for attention, he is reduced to prostituting himself to lenses for a little of my time.


I am more in love with this little monster with every day, and it is harder by the minute to choose what face, what action, what funny little "ism", or what photo I love best.

So I won't choose, I'll just show them all (well not all, there are tens of thousands) to you.


Jamie: "blueberries make my tummy feel nice."
Mama: "did your tummy feel bad?"
Jamie: "Yes, but now it is happy. More blueberries tummy? (lifting his shirt and looking down to ask). Yeah, okay (says the tummy)."



1 comment:

Meg said...

Awesome pictures - he looks so grown up!