Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dreaming of Spring & My Baby's Blues

Yes it is already spring-technically, but when it is snowing all weekend can you really call it spring? Jamie and I finally made our way out of doors today and the sun felt oh so good. Although I had my camera along on our walk, I managed not to bring the memory card inside of the camera-so no pictures of the sun. Please enjoy these pictures of the spring we have yet to have in their place. (insert hold music here)
Easter Grass in an urn.

Arucana Eggs from the creamery in the Market, with a few of Farmer/sis-in-law Carrie's eggs on top. It was a lovely surprise when she showed up Easter with a dozen of her eggs, and a few were blue, sweet diddely!


In case you have never grown your own Easter grass, it is quite easy and fun. Soak wheat berries, from the bulk section of the grocery, overnight. Spread the seeds very heavily over soil and water. Don't cover the seed with soil. Place plastic wrap over the containers and mist a few times a day until the seeds start to grow. The grass will be at a lovely height in only 8-10 days.

Speaking of green things... if you look below you will find yourself turning green with envy at the adorableness of my little blue eyed boy. Proceed with caution. If you are a woman of childbearing years you may find your ovaries wrench and turn. If you are a woman out of her child bearing years you might find yourself speed dialing that fertility doc that impregnated that 65 year old French woman with twins (yikes!). If your a man, well, you don't really need an excuse to draw attention to your reproductive bits and bobbles. Okay, so , consider yourself warned- extreme curtness ahead.

I warned you. What a cutey. So before you run out and call that fertility doc, I will say, his adorableness is the only thing keeping me from throwing me, and him, off a very high precipice.
Who knew that being a parent would be so damn hard. Oh wait-you hear that all the time don't you? Well it is true-I hate it when that happens. Doh! But look at those eyes!

Not to be out done. Being a dog owner is nearly, and sometimes more, taxing. But again, look at that face! I'm sure you are in love, as I am. I so lucky-just don't ask me how I'm doing.

1 comment:

c said...

Well, I have a new desktop background at work now! It was perfect timing for me to read this today...I had to delete my windows profile and add it back on, so I needed a new background.

Ok, I admit, Jamie was my old one, too...but it was an old picture!