Wednesday, April 2, 2008

T.M.I.

I'm sure this will come as no great surprise to those of you who are mothers, and it was not really a huge shock to me either-but I was still a little aghast.

Here is the scene-and no, I will spare you any picture. I'm in my chair reading email. Jamie is in his crib happily cooing away. He is wearing only a cloth diaper and a t-shirt. I am looking at him from time to time giving him encouraging mama glances and he is gleefully smiling back.

Upon one such glance I see that he has, what can only be, poop on his face.

Agh, spit, ick, yuck!

Now, I have mentioned that I have rotten dogs, so poo in my house is not a new phenomenon. In fact I sometimes think I'm nothing but a poop currier. I wipe it, scoop it, scrub it, pick it up, cast it out, rake it, collect it, wash it, and smell it all the damn time.

Oscar likes to get out the back way and rub himself in the stuff-what I can only imagine is squirrel or racoon poop-and let me tell you those squirrels need a colon cleanse. Wilson likes to sniff and lick the stuff off the baby when ever I turn my back. My husband has, on ocassion, marvled at the size of his own, and the baby-well he can't help but sit in the stuff.


But I must say, I was not prepared to look up and see that cherubic face,

yes that one, with green poo on his hands and face smiling with that same sense of pride and wonderment at his discovery.

I tell you this all, not to entertain, but to inform. Lest you have forgotten what it is to be a young mother, or if you have yet to take this MAGICAL and GLORIOUS adventure, I tell you this to remind you of all the joy that the job entails.

The little tyke is all bathed and sweet smelling again, his crib, on the other hand, has been stripped of every poo covered piece of bunting and stuffed animal. I told you I was a procrastinator-that is still true. Although I dealt with the immediate ramifications of this mess, I am writing this blog in hopes that if I simply sit here ignoring the basket of mess in my basement long enough, that the sock monkey will come to life and clean himself and his fellow poo victims off and I can avoid the task altogether.

How do you get baby poop out of sock monkey?

No comments: