
365 days later...

Jamie turned the big 01 last week and we were busy bees. We spent his birthday morning at the aquarium with Quin and Erin.

Jamie played peek-a-boo with a diver in the large fish tank. I think he was quite surprised that there was a person in that big puffy suit, but when he saw the diver's eyes he seemed to recognize there was a person inside.

J and I spent the afternoon shopping at all the fancy baby shops in town. He aquired a floppy new sun hat and a pair of walking shoes. I was letting him walk around in his socks because I was at a loss for how to stuff his little feet into any of the shoes I had for him. After explaining that he makes a fist out of his feet when I try to put shoes on him, the sales clerk assured me this was normal and you just needed to ease his foot in.
Well, after trying a few shoes to no avail, the poor man looked at me and said " I have never seen a baby whose foot is so completely balled up". I felt vindicated. We settled on the only pair of shoes that we could stuff his foot into and we were off and walking.
Our day ended with a stressful dinner at our favorite little spot, Machiavelli. Jamie was feeling the fullness of the day and, despite flirting with the staff, was quite restless and not interested in sitting still. Both grandmas joined us for dinner,
and the waitress was gracious enough to give Jamie a tour of the kitchen so we all had a chance to eat.

We all enjoyed the Red Velvet cake I picked up at Bella Dolce Bakery.


Jamie thought it was delish.

He was literally climbing the walls that night when I was trying to put him to bed-too much excitement and sugar for one day......and that was just his first birthday party.









No comments:
Post a Comment