Monday, May 12, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

Did you have a nice Mother's Day. I sure did. It beat the snot out of last year.


I had to wait a full year to get my first Mother's Day. You see, last Mother's Day I was in labor, thinking I was going to be a mother by the end of the day ( I had a 21 hr. window from the time my water broke at 3am on Mother's Day '07) but Jamie wanted to make me wait,


and wait,


and wait.


So a year later, I finally got my Mother's Day. It was lovely. We went to the Mountain and saw the last of the snow but not much else because we all fell asleep at Paradise in the car. Earlier in the day we went to Northwest Trek, which was a lot of fun.





They had lots of mamas and new babies.


Jamie learned how to hoot like an Owl.


All and all it was a good day capped off by dinner at the Lobster Shop on the Tacoma waterfront.
Jamie was charming the pants off the waitstaff and our fellow diners. When the waitress found out it was his birthday she brought him a sunday with a candle on top.




He had his first real sugar-and I think he liked it!

Mother's Day was worth the wait,


sort of.

No comments: