Friday, May 2, 2008

May Day May Day

Does being a new mom ever feel like drowning?

Answer: YES!

Being responsible for another life is a pain in the ass. I am more in love everyday with my little guy, but boy howdy if I don't feel swallowed by the weight of it all.

This has been a hard week. Why? No reason. The cold that just won't end is finally grinding to a slow end. I have orders backing up for So Anna. Jamie is just more mobile everyday.

Its a little of everything and nothing.

I just keep thinking-how do people who have it harder than me do it? I can't imagine how a single mom, a military mom, a mom without family near-how do they hold on. I am so grateful for all that I do have.



A high spot on the wave was taking a walk to Grandma and Grandpa Olive's to wish Grandpa bon voyage on his trip to Israel to dig up old rocks.




On the way, Jamie and I stumbled upon a May pole on MLK. Jamie had a wonderful romp in the late evening. He is a crawling machine these days.

2 comments:

Jamie's Dad said...

I know you feel like you're drowning sometimes. I'm so proud of you for hanging in there. I wish I could say it will get easier, but I don't think it will for a while. Keep hanging in there. I'm with you each step of the way.

Lisa Loop said...

Does it help to know that I feel exactly the same way?

Love the photos -- as usual -- it is a fun, bright spot in my day to see your photo blogging and read your musings.