Friday, March 27, 2009

Turnin' Out the Lights

From Blog2

Join me, and a few billion of my closest friends, in turning out the lights at 8:30 tomorrow night to fight global climate change and light pollution. Take the opportunity to look at the stars and notice the difference when we all turn out the lights.




Did you know that when you leave on outside lights, it not only wastes energy but it creates light pollution. The lights of our modern lives has created an artificial glow that blocks our ability to see the cosmos, which is frustrating to astronomers, and disruptive to ecosystems. Just think of the last time you went to the ocean and you could see the milky way clearly. Besides taking part in tomorrow night event. You can help on a daily basis by using light wisely, aiming your outdoor light source down at the ground, and using timers and motion detectors.

Do you think there will be a baby boom in 9 months as a result of this global event?

Over the next month I will posting about my personal commitments to be conscious and make changes in the way that I use, consume, and live on this earth.

2 comments:

Erin said...

ooo, thanks for the reminder again!

Donnell Allan said...

I'm right there with you.

I love the picture, by the way. Still enjoying your blog!