Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Ice Cream Man Cometh

Here is a picture I took shortly after Jamie was kidnapped out of our yard. You might be thinking, what a smart woman to have the presence of mind to grab her camera to photograph the perpertator as he flees with her child. But no, this was not a kidnapping of the sort that requires a wanted poster , but rather, it was the sort that warranted pictures for the blog.


Our next door neighbor, Jim (a fellow James), has a little crush on our boy. Jamie's fan club is wide and varied, but outside of family, Jim might just be the president of J's fan club.


He has that 'I always wished I had a boy' thing going, and Jamie is the lucky recipient of all that pentup desire.


Jamie had already "shared" a candy bar with Jim and consumed a whole can of juice that Jim was drinking until Jamie showed an intrest in tasting himself when I heard yelling in the street. I looked out the door and Jim was running up the street waving his arms. He was yelling "big boy" (his name for J) and screaming "the ice cream truck is coming". He hollard at the guy till he finaly drove down to see what all the clamer was about. Jamie wandred out, bewildred, but always happy to go off with Jim.


This is a picture of Jamie wondering why the heck Jim grabed him from the backyard and ran up the road with him.


This is a picture of Jim explaining why he grabbed Jamie.


This is a picture of Jamie understanding the wisdom behind Jim's seemingly crazy behavior.


These are the two chums enjoying the fruits of their labor.


No comments: