
We are all very sad. She was the dog, well she and Berty, who taught all of us to really love dogs, and in turn humanity more.

I was thinking about all my nicknames for her, Maddy Mae, Madeline Jane, Mae Mae, Maemers, M, Mae Belle.... and probably a whole slew more.
Here are a group of pictures of our little girl.

She loved to chase anything that could fly. She was a deer hunter; a growler; a digger; a love; a snuggler. She would hump her brother, scratch her bum on the sofa, and yipp. She was my flower girl. She would clean off your face with her sand paper tounge.

A poem by Maddy's Mama (and mine):
Maddy is my special girl.
She's an instinctive digger
and she's often in a whirl of digging herself
a little nest in the couch
or the rug
the bathtub
or my bed.
It tends to wear things out over time.
She's made lots of holes
in things of mine.
But the biggest hole of all,
that I've got,
is the great big one she's made in my heart.
She's an instinctive digger
and she's often in a whirl of digging herself
a little nest in the couch
or the rug
the bathtub
or my bed.
It tends to wear things out over time.
She's made lots of holes
in things of mine.
But the biggest hole of all,
that I've got,
is the great big one she's made in my heart.








1 comment:
Theo and I held a moment of silence for Maddy tonight. I'm so sorry for the loss of this sweet gal, but not for all you gained having had her in your lives. I'm sure she's having a digging, yipping, hunting, snuggling good time tonight!
Post a Comment