
Monday and the sun came back. We get cranky around here when there is no sun.

I love this look, it is the fake cry. How can he be so little and already know how to fake it. Just be glad you can't hear the whimpering that goes along with this face-its pitiful.

See-no tears. He does have reason to be cranky though. Look at these serrated blades that are boring out of his head, ouch!

He seems pretty happy about the situation in this shot, though. Probably because he was naked from the waist down-his favorite state of being.
We celebrated brother-in-law Shane's birthday yesterday with mother-in-law's pear upside-down tart. She is always delicate with her dessert portions. You know-when you go to someones house for dinner and they give you what is considered a socially acceptable amount of ice cream not the half pint you serve yourself at home-her portions look like that. In this case, a polite serving was simply not good enough. I had inhaled it before you could say boo. It was delish.

While I was being denied adequate quanteties of above delicious dessert, Papa was teaching the guy how to play the piano. He has already mastered the art of pounding on the keys, I'm sure a song lies in the very near future.
In other news, really big news, Jamie said his first word today-I swear. Of course, he has been saying mama and papa with a growing sense of understanding that those sounds make us jump around like excited kangaroos, but this was a real word.
So, what was a word-OSCAR. That is right the rotten dog. We always joked, before he was born, even, that Oscar would be his first word, because it is probably the most uttered word in our house. It is usually uttered in an urgent and elevated manner that makes it a familiar sound to everyone here, and probably most of our neighbors.
He doesn't look that rotten, but I assure you that he is. So when Jamie sat up in bed this morning and grabbed hold of him and said OSCAR-I couldn't be too shocked. We played at practicing the name all morning-and I think I have convinced myself it wasn't a fluke.
That talking thing was ancient history by noon, and by three Jamie had decided to make it a true day of firsts and started crawling. He has been dragging his poor little self all over hell and gone for a few months now on his tummy, doing a very efficient commando crawl. He has had no interest in doing the traditional crawl despite the havoc it was reeking on the front of all of his clothing. I stopped sweeping the floors because he was doing such a fine job of it himself with the front of his shirt.
Well today he decided-hey this upright crawling thing is okay-I think I'll keep it up.







No comments:
Post a Comment